"January 28 – Wildlife Tracking "
Who Goes There? Become a Wildlife Tracker!
6:30- 8:00 pm, Monday, January 28, 2008
Portage Lake District Library
6:30 pm Wildlife Tracking by father-daughter tracking team, Brian & Anna Rajdl.
Learn how to open your eyes to the world of animal signs and tracks. Brian is an experienced tracker, naturalist, wilderness survivalist, and environmental educator. He teaches science at Hancock High School and in his “spare time” is a Master’s candidate in wildlife ecology at Michigan Tech University. Anna, his 7 year old daughter, is a tracking and outdoor enthusiast (gee, I wonder why?).
7:15 pm Hands-On Activity Stations (15 minutes each)
(1) Find and identify animal tracks hidden throughout the library
(2) Read tracks to discover the story they tell
(3) Invent your own story in tracks and tell a tale
(4) Animal walk relay race
(5) Make a plaster cast of wildlife tracks, just like scientists do
(6) Wildlife stories---share your wildest tales
8:00 pm Follow your tracks home
Everyone is invited to attend library events and presentations are free.
View the Calendar for
the six-part Michigan Forests Presentation Series ~ Spring 2008