~School Supervisor Evaluation SUMMARY~
This evaluation form should be completed by the person who supervised the MTU student instructor or had the most opportunity to observe the After-School Science classes at your school. Your answers to this survey will remain completely anonymous—so please be honest! The responses on this form will be analyzed in aggregate form only, and are a requirement of our National Science Foundation project evaluation. On a scale from 1-10, with 1 = strongly disagree and 10 = strongly agree, how much do you agree with the following statements? Place the number which best corresponds to your feelings next to each statement. Please add your comments at the bottom. Fax to 906-487-1620 by March 29, 2002..
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
1. _9.6_ The MTU student was ready to begin the class at the designated time.
2. _9.9_ The MTU student was a positive role model for the elementary students in his/her class.
3. _9.7_ The MTU student had adequate knowledge and background for the course that he/she taught.
4. _9.3_ The MTU student used effective teaching techniques for the course that he/she taught.
5. _9.1_ The MTU student used effective classroom management techniques.
6. _9.4_ The topics covered and the activities conducted were age-appropriate and effective with the students in the class.
7. _9.8_ The After-School Science Program provides a valuable opportunity for our students to enhance their content knowledge in science.
8. _9.9_ The After-School Science Program provides a valuable opportunity for our students to increase their enjoyment and improve their attitude about science.
Please write responses to the following questions.
· I would suggest getting busy right away with an activity as the students have a lot of energy right off and have trouble sitting and listening first.
· The teachers should have some inservice in teaching methods before delivering their first lessons.
· It would be nice to know which benchmarks the lessons are meeting.
· None, Excellent Program! (6)
· Instructor was awesome!
· It may be easier to narrow the gaps (ie. 1-2, 3-4, and 5-6)
· The after school program was well thought out and well liked by the students and teachers.
· It would be hard to find ways to improve such a wonderful program!
· Sometimes the grade 3 students felt that the class was too easy. It may help to have a 1-2 class. (2)
10. Please describe any concerns that you have about the MTU student whom you supervised.