· Plant trees at your school or in your community.
· Build bird nesting or bat boxes.
· Create a bird watching area with feeders.
· Clean up litter at your school, a park, or on the beach.
· Make a compost bin for your classroom or school cafeteria.
· Start an in-school recycling program.
· Plant a butterfly flower garden.
· Design Earth-friendly cloth shopping bags.
ALL PARTICIPATING STUDENTS WILL:
§ Help make our community a better place to live!
§ Receive Earth Day certificates and a treat!
§ Have the chance to win an Earth Day “Toolkit” (Gr. K-5)
§ or take a field trip to someplace special (Gr. 6-12)!
ASK your teacher, parent,
or youth group leader to help!!
Interested groups may obtain a registration form by calling (906) 487-3341
or by visiting http://wupcenter.mtu.edu
Sponsored by the Western U.P. Center for Science, Mathematics, and Environmental Education & the Wege Foundation