The Portage Lake District Library invites all K-6 students and their parents for an evening of fun, science and technology led by Michigan Tech students on Tuesday, September 24, from 6:30 – 8:00 p.m.
Families will learn about the basics of circuitry and electrical engineering with a night of creative and playful interactive lessons:
* Make Play Doh sculpture light up and move.
* Design a video game controller using bananas.
* Turn your friends into an electronic piano.
* Use a paintbrush to make computerized music.
* Learn how to design your own toys and household objects using a 3D printer.
These activities develop children’s curiosity and their ability to solve scientific and technological challenges. Family Science & Technology Night provides an opportunity for parents and their children to learn together while having fun and making scientific connections to everyday life.
This event is conducted by the Western U.P. Center for Science, Math, and Environmental Education and Michigan Technological University.
Library programs are free and everyone is invited. For more information, please call the library at 482-4570 or visit www.pldl.org
View Flyer PDF