Twelve students in grades 10-12 from Greenhills School in Ann Arbor visited Tech Sept. 26-27. The students received a $400 travel stipend, which they earned as second-place winners in the Great Lakes/National Ocean Sciences Bowl held at the University of Michigan.
The travel stipend was provided by the School of Forest Resources and Environmental Science and the Center for Science and Environmental Outreach. The group, which was hosted by the Great Lakes Research Center, learned about topics ranging from wildlife ecology to remotely-operated vehicles in the classroom.
The following Tech scientists and students led activities:
- Hannah Abbotts (SFRES), community liaison specialist
- Assistant Professor Joseph Bump (SFRES)
- Professor Nancy Auer (Bio Sci)
- Jen Fuller (CEE), PhD student
- Jenny Tyrrell (CEE), PhD student
- Xena Cortez (CEE), first-year student
- Benjamin Jensen (MEEM), president of the Blizzard Baja team